Saturday, September 19, 2015

Points Will Flow as Teams Find Rhythm

I think there will be some high scoring games this week and wouldn't be surprised if about 6 teams go over the 30+ point mark.

Let's get to the games:

NE @ BUF (PK)

The Bills had a very good Week 1 and have one of the best defenses in football, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Pick erm with the Pats? I take the Pats.

Spread: NE
Straight Up: NE
Score: 21-17

HOU @ CAR (-3.5)

I think this game with be short on defense, so whoever can generate a better flow on the other end will win out. I like Houston to be the one to do so here. Take the points and the Texans for the win.

Spread: HOU
Straight Up: HOU
Score: 31-21

ARI @ CHI (+2)

I like the Bears getting points, I don't know why though. Maybe it is pity, maybe it's because I think Matt Forte is tired of losing and I see him willing Chicago to this victory.

Spread: CHI
Straight Up: CHI
Score: 23-20


SD @ CIN (-3)

The Bengals had a good Week 1 against a pretty bad Oakland team. San Diego is certainly a better opponent, but they travel East to face a fairly staunch Bengals defense. I expect this to be primarily an offensive showing, with the Bengals coming out on top. I like them to cover.

Spread: CIN
Straight Up: CIN
Score: 31-24

TEN @ CLE (+1)

I realize that the Titans played Tampa Bay last week, but really? Johnny football going to lead the Browns to the promised land? I doubt it. Taking Tennessee to cover and for the win.

Spread: TEN
Straight Up: TEN
Score: 24-17

DET @ MIN (-3)

I hope that Vikings can learn to block anyone with their offensive line, otherwise, Teddy Bridgewater won't have such a long career. Until they show me otherwise, I'll take Detroit with the points.

Spread: DET
Straight Up: DET
Score: 27-13

TB @ NO (-10)

Big spread even for the inept Tamp Bay defense. Until New Orleans blows someone out, I'll wait and take the points.

Spread: TB
Straight Up: NO
Score: 31-22

ATL @ NYG (-2.5)

I think this should actually be a good game. However, if last week is any indication, if it is close at the end, I like Atlanta. Taking the points.

Spread: ATL
Straight Up: ATL
Score: 30-27

SF @ PIT (-6.5)

Way too many points for a San Francisco team that ran all over the Vikings defense last week. Taking the points, but the Steelers for the win.

Spread: SF
Straight Up: PIT
Score: 20-17

STL @ WAS (+3)

The Rams beat the Seahawks in Week 1 and in return they only get to be 3 point favorites? I like them by a TD, at least.

Spread: STL
Straight Up: STL
Score: 24-17

MIA @ JAC (+6)

I don't think Miami is going to blow anyone out just yet. They're still working out the kinks on offense. I'll take the points.

Spread: JAC
Straight Up: MIA
Score: 23-20

BAL @ OAK (+6.5)

Whoever is playing QB for the Raiders, I still think it will be ugly. I'll take the Ravens defense for the win and their offense (although a bit inept) to cover.

Spread: BAL
Straight Up: BAL
Score: 17-10

DAL @ PHI (-4.5)

Everyone is talking about this game as if it is DeMarco Murray against the Cowboys. Judging by last week's game, Chip Kelly is more likely to platoon him with Mathews and Sproles. I like the Eagles to win, but the Cowboys to cover.

Spread: DAL
Straight Up: PHI
Score: 27-24


SEA @ GB (-3.5)

Ask the Seahawks if they are missing Cam Chancellor after this game. I like Green Bay to cover.

Spread: GB
Straight Up: GB
Score: 31-21

NYJ @ IND (-7)

The Colts are already banged up at WR and although it looks like Cromartie isn't going to play, I still think the defense can stop them. I like the Jets to cover here. I'm not sure they can win, but they'll keep it close.

Spread: NYJ
Straight Up: IND
Score: 23-20

No comments:

Post a Comment